Thursday, February 25, 2010

HAITI SOCCER RELIEF

I am co-ordinating a new/used soccer collection to be sent to Haiti in conjunction with Eurosport and the US Soccer Foundation.
All the details are below and also on my website (http://www.soccercoach1966.com ).


Haiti United (Unity makes strength) Haiti United Equipment Drive:

As the world comes to terms with the aftermath of the devastating earthquake in Haiti, we search for ways we can make a difference. When dealing with a tragedy that has affected 3 million people and the collapse of an entire country, there is only one option: we must stand together. The Haitian national motto, “L’Union Fait La Force”, means “Unity Makes Strength”. Let’s build this unity with our shared passion for the beautiful game and its ability to bring people together in times of great joy – and of great need. Haiti United is built on the model that has shown the compassion and generosity of the US soccer community, whose past efforts include: Soccer United for the victims of the September 11th attacks and the Soccer United Relief Fund for the families and communities affected by Hurricane Katrina. Please join us in the collection of soccer equipment to help Haiti recover. Once the essential items such as food, water and medical supplies/services have taken hold in Haiti, it is important to focus on helping the country recover physically and mentally. Through the game of soccer, we can help. As of February 1st, we will be collecting any and all soccer equipment- both new and gently used to ship to organizations in Haiti. The main items we are looking to collect are: Soccer jerseys, soccer shorts, soccer socks, soccer shoes- cleats/indoors/turfs, shinguards, soccer balls, goalkeeper gloves/jerseys/pants/shorts, soccer nets, and cones. We encourage both individual and group donations.

Please let me know if you have any soccer items on the above list, I will co-ordinate collections, contact details:

soccercoach1966@hotmail.com

Regards, Coach Shaw

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there,

My name is Drew Tyler. I am interested in writing some articles for your site. I have been playing soccer for most of my life, and now coach my son's team. I am a die-hard soccer fan and follow most games; EPL, MLS, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga and of course the WORLD CUP! To top it all off, I am a high school English teacher. (So you'll never have to worry about receiving grammatical errors from me!) I have attached some of my work for you to take a look.

Please let me know if you are interested in having me write for your site. Thank you.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Drew Tyler
"The Soccer Dude"
drewthesoccerdude@gmail.com

facebook.com/drewthesoccerdude

Robert Gaspar Majestic said...

Helping other people in need is one great characteristic that everyone must posses. I'm very pleased by your intentions in helping them. I know a lot of soccer enthusiasts will also coordinate with your plan. Good luck!